Friday, January 6, 2012

WELCOME BACK!

I hope everyone had a very restful Winter break. It was nice to see your child's smiling face on Wednesday anxious to get back into the swing of things. This week we have just taken a moment to get back into the swing of things. Of course with the new year comes CHANGES! Oh boy! I know. This class runs so smoothly I have not made many changes at all. However, I do need to make some curriculum changes in Math to prepare them for great success in 2nd grade.


IMPORTANT INFORMATION: I would like for you to purchase flashcards for your child or you can even make them. We will begin an intense study of students learning their math facts. Students will have a math quiz EVERY THURSDAY. Yes, I will count these for a grade. Their first math quiz will be January 19th. The quiz consists of 16 problems in paper format so they'll be writing their answer down. It will be over +1's. For example, 1+1, 2+1, 3+1, 4+1, 5+1, 6+1. Students will be given 90 seconds to complete the quiz. Practice these every night to ensure your child is ready and to lessen the anxiety of a timed test.


90TH DAY OF SCHOOL: The 90th day of school is January 10th. I am looking for a volunteer that would be willing to send in treats that day.


100'S DAY: 100'S DAY IS JANUARY 30TH. I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE VOLUNTEER THAT WOULD BE INTERESTED IN DRESSING UP AS ZERO THE HERO FOR THAT DAY. PLEASE PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOUR INTERESTED. Also students will need to bring in a baggied filled with 100 items for a special activity that day.


PARENT VOLUNTEERS: If you are interested in volunteering for center time on January 11th & January 25th. Please let me know immediately so I can post the schedule centers that day. Morning centers are 10:00-11:15. Afternoon centers are 12:45-1:45.


PENGUIN PROJECTS: Penguin projects are due on January 23rd. I will send info on these activities on MONDAY, JANUARY 9TH. Please keep in mind that this is a project. I will not except things done on notebook paper this time.

WINTER OLYMPICS: Students will be given 30 mintues each day to write their numbers from 1-1000. Once their reach 1000, they receive a WINTER OLYMPICS CERTIFICATE signed by myself and Mr. Lutes. This will be January 23-27th.


COUPON BOOKS: LUNCH COUPONS CAN BE REDEEMED ON TUESDAYS ONLY.


Have an awesome weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment